It has sadly been a while since I’ve posted a new makeup look, in fact I’m in a kind of makeup slump. I’ve just been so busy with life that I’ve stuck to the whole natural look with minimal switches. It’s time to get out of that slump.
This look took me 5 minutes to do and when your crush on time (maybe between work and going out at night?) it’s important to have looks you can do quickly. Of course I could have done a thing or two to finish the look off more but alas my 5 minutes were up. I suggest doing a little smudging on the lower lash line to soften out the look.
Excuse my horrid handwriting at the top as I’m still getting use to my wacom tablet. I actually don’t have any foundation on for this simply because I was taking it all right off after the photos were taken. I always suggest keeping it light unless it is an event you will likely need a full face of makeup for. Let your skin breathe.
HOW TO DO IT
- First prime the eyes
- Places the silver liner all over the lid
- apply your crease shade and blend well
- I winged out the black liner both on the inner and outer part of the eye. The lower liner is on the waterline extended to the outer winged liner.
- Depending on the liner you may want to top it with a shadow, translucent powder or let it sit a minute before curling your lashes
- Then apply mascara
- clean up any mishaps with a q-tip and any fall out with a tissue or q-tip
- Apply your face makeup after the eyes are complete.
THE PRODUCTS I USED
I always suggest priming your eyes, here I used Urban Decay Original Primer Potion
- lid: Jordana Glitter Rocks retractable eye liner pencil in rock on silver
Eyeliner: Milani Liquif’eye in black (I suggest using liquid or gel liner for crisper top lines)
Crease shade: Maybelline single chic naturals shadow in Tastefully Taupe
Mascara: Almay one coat get up and grow in blackest black (I’m in desperate need of a new one)
Eyebrows: Coastal Scents hot pot mix of brownstone & Midnight Rodeo
Cheeks: Tarte amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface
Lips: Revlon colorburst lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake (make sure you moisturize your lips first can look cakey otherwise.)
This would be fun for a party or holidays like New Year’s Eve (could swap silver for gold) or 4th of july (use a navy liner and burgundy or deep red for crease). Step it up a notch with glitter on top or false lashes for a va va voom look!
When was the last time you experimented with your makeup?